Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Power of attorney self assessment

    Hello, 2 years ago I sold my mother's home as she had to go into a care home. I used a financial advisor and invested a bulk of the money and the rest I keep as cash to pay for her care. She has made some money from her investments, and I have the power of attorney to manage her accounts. As I am employed I have never had to do a self assessment form tax, but have realised this may be something I need to do on her behalf? She is not a UK resident but does have indefinite leave to remain, and has lived here for 45 years. Can anyone advise?