Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Using carried forward losses

    Hi, can I use self-employed carried forward losses from past two years to offset against employment income or another Self-Employment profits in current tax return? If so how to do this through online Self Assessment? My situations is as follows - in 19/20, 20/21 and 21/22 I had two self employments. Self-employment A always had profits, Self-employment B always had loss - first and second year carried forward, business ceased in 21/22 with a loss. I want to use carried forward losses to offset against employment from 21/22 or profits from Self-employment A. Hope someone can help as I couldn't find this option anywhere.