Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Rental property insurance payment

    I owe a property which I rented out until September 2021, at which time my letting agent informed me the tenants were leaving, but when they did, they trashed the place. I eventually got an insurance payment to repair the property. My questions are: - Is the insurance payment classed as income? - if so where on the tax return do I declare it? - Is the cost of repairing the property classed as expenses? - if so would I declare this in the Property repairs and maintenance box? Thanks for any advice.