Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Offshore Bond Chargeable gains

    We have been told by our offshore bond provider that as the bond commenced prior to to the year 2000, they are not obliged to report any chargeable gains during the life of the policy and will only report any gains in the event of of the bond ending. If I were to make a withdrawal from the bond and likely raise a chargeable gain, how do I declare this for tax if I cannot get the information from the provider? or is the tax only payable and backdated in the event the bond ending when the provider will provide a notification of life insurance payment by overseas insurer certificate?