Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: UK Belgium Tax treaty

->m a Potter For which tax years did the Belgian tax folks levy tax ?

That's great, thanks. Appreciate your quick reply. A further question please - as I will now no longer have any non-UK income, do I need to continue to complete a Self-Assessment Tax Form for future years ? Will the system recognise that the Belgian Pension income is not UK taxable ? Thanks

I'm also affected by this change through a recent demand from the Belgian authorities for 2019. I've written to HMRC as requested from these forums for previous tax years. What do I do about the tax return that I'm about to complete for tax year 2021/22 ? This is the one that I'm just about to pay the second instalment of tax due (in July 2022) ? Do I include the Belgian State Pension under Foreign Income or do I exclude it ? What official document do I reference in the Notes section at the end of the Tax Return to describe this change in UK-Belgium tax policy ? Do I request a refund in the Notes or wait till the end of the year ? What will prompt a change in my tax code to ensure I don't start 2023 with a UK tax demand for half the tax on this pension as has been the case before ? Thanks