Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Personal Tax account show 2020 to 2021 tax return [LATE]

    Hello, When I login the Personal Tax account and click into self assessment, it show 2020 to 2021 tax return [LATE] But I moved into the UK on Oct 2021, in 2020 to 2021 tax year I am not yet a UK tax resident. What should I do? Do I need to call HMRC to correct it? Thank so much!
  • RE: Foreign dividend income

    Is there any allowance for foreign interest income? or all foreign income need to file self-assasment (e.g. only GBP1.0). Thanks so much!
  • Income from aboard

    Hello, In October 2021, I am determined to be a UK tax resident. In the 2021-2022 tax year, I received about HK$500 (about £50) in interest from a bank account in Hong Kong and about HK$3,000 (about £300) in dividends from shares in Hong Kong. Other than that, I have no other income in the UK or overseas. May I know: 1. Do I need to submit a self-assessment tax return for the income (I mean interest and dividends received in Hong Kong) for the 21/22 tax year if my annual gross income does not exceed the tax allowance GBP12500? 2. Are these incomes classified as foreign income and need to fill out the SA106 form? 3. If I need to submit SA for 21/22, can I apply online? Thank you so much!