Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Gift tax for cash gift from overseas

    Hello, I am EU CItizen (Polish) with settled status, been living here for 17 years. I am working and paying taxes here in England. My mum wants to gift £4000 to me she is living in Poland, living and paying taxes there. I believe there is a £3000 allowance each year, will I have to pay tax on an additional £1000 then? Would appreciate your help answering this. Thank you