Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Transfer pf Residence

    I am moving back tot he UK from Japan and my Transfer of residence application was rejected as my foreign residence proof , ie utility bill, was in Japanese. I need to ship my belongings next week so I have two questions; 1. Can I translate my own document as proof of address? 2. As I wont get a reply from HMRC before I ship my belongings, can I use the reference code to negate a tax payment when my belongings arrive in the UK hopefully after I gain a tax exemption reference code.