Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Gift Tax

    Thank for the reply. Then, is it mean that if the money is come from overseas (from non-taxpayer), no gift tax is involved. If the money is given from within UK from taxpayer, it involve gift tax ?
  • Gift Tax

    I am holding a student visa and living in UK for more than 183 days. I obtained my first degree and am now studying my master degree both in UK. For the coming four academic years, I will study my PhD in one of the universities in UK. My parent, they are living in Ireland, would like to transfer certain amount of GBP to me, say GBP 400,000, to purchase a property under my name in UK to save the rental fee. In case of this, will this arrangement involve any gift tax or other tax which I need to consider ? Many thanks for the advice.