Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Client not authorised message when submitting MTD VAT return

I am aware that your VAT Helpline Technical colleagues are booked to ring AM or PM. PM was only available but he rang back AM when I had great difficulty leaving a meeting to talk to him. Your Digital Team couldn't find an answer so they have blamed Andica software again. One sentence replies and I am now on to my 11th different HMRC contact in 3 months. You must have an expert somewhere who will take ownership of this problem. I don't see how it could be the software. I have 2 Gateway IDs. One for VAT which had been working fine until a reauthorisation was required. The other is a partnership Gateway ID which will authorise the Andica VAT software but of coarse there are no VAT account details on that ID. I have tried to reregister my VAT account on the Partnership ID but it wouldn't allow this presumably because it exists on the other ID.

Yesterday I contacted the VAT helpline again and their Technical colleague telephoned me at the wrong prearranged time today. When I told him that I had just received an email from the Digital Customer Support Team he thought they had the depth of knowledge to help me, not him. If I had originally contacted the wrong part of HMRC in June why did they not refer me to the correct person? In June I telephoned 03002003701 which is the HMRC online services helpdesk and then I was forwarded to the MTD VAT Team.

Contacted VAT helpline 4/6. Replied 22/6 that issue resolved and closing the ticket. Not resolved so opened again 23/6.HMRC replied 28/6 that issue being investigated and no response since! despite 2 reminders. What else can I do?
  • Client not authorised message when submitting MTD VAT return

I raised an online support request on 4/6/21 and on 28/6/21 they confirmed this was still being investigated and despite my requests for updates I still havent had any response apart from a huge assessment based on pre covid trading .I have sent them a hard copy of the return showing that I am due a refund of VAT with the Appeal which I have also not had a reply to. The software supplier has checked everything and the problem seems to be with HMRC authorisation. I am now ready to submit the next return!

[Post amended - Admin]