Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Cash gift from parents outside UK

    Hi, I am a resident of UK (ILR) with an Indian Passport and I pay tax in the UK. My father, who resides in India wants to gift me some cash (around £20000) from his Indian bank account to help us financially for my wife's medical treatment. If I get that money transferred in one go do I need to declare it or need to pay tax? Further, Does my father need to declare somewhere that it is a gift from him? Finally , it is possible for him to gift me cash over 3-4 transfers within a year? Thanks