Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Pension from Hong Kong

    I am a retired civil servant from Hong Kong. Each month, I receive pension from the Hong Kong government. From my understanding, there is a double taxation agreement between UK and Hong Kong. In the agreement, the pension is only taxable in Hong Kong and I have paid tax in Hong Kong. Also, I have no income in UK. In this case, do I need to report the pension to UK tax authority and file the self assesment form? Thank you.