Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Self Assessment record said to be closed but not the case

    Hi, When I connect to my Personal Tax Account, I can fill my 22-23 SA return normally. However, I had questions regarding underpaid amount including in previous year tax code, and needed to seek assistance. The operator I spoke to told me that my SA record got closed in 2022 and that I would need to submit to form to re-register for SA. I did so, and got answered that the request was denied because I already have a live SA record. I don't know what to do and there is no-one to speak to as both SA helpline and webchat are closed. Please let me know how I can handle this, this is extremely frustrating. Thank you!