Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Overpayment and recovery of Salary and pension contribution

    My employment ended in Feb. I was incorrectly paid salary for March by employer payroll and tax deducted and net payment made. A pension contribution was also deducted from pre tax pay. I had to repay the Gross pay as a claim to my employer in April end. The Pension contribution was reversed in April end as well. Now I have a situation where my Gross pay for the year is including March Salary and tax deducted including on March Salary. But my March Salary has been repaid in April as Gross pay as employer had paid tax deducted HMRC for March So how do I reflect the Annual Salary Income in Self assessment which I had to repay in April end. Can I reduce the March Gross Salary from reported Salary income for the year ended? Similarly my March pension contribution has been reversed in april end. How do I reduce the annual amount contributed by the March reversal done in April end?