Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Report Sale of Overseas Residential Property

Hi, Thank you for your reply. The above mentioned overseas residential property is entitled to full Private Residential Relief and the date of disposal falls into tax year 2022/2023. As the result from the HMRC 'Calculate Capital Gains Tax on property' service shows that no CGT should be paid, do I still need to submit SA108 for this sale on 2022/2023? Thank you.
  • Report Sale of Overseas Residential Property

Do I need to report the sale of an overseas residential property? Within 60 days? Thank you.
  • RE: Report GCT for Main Residence

Hi According to the page of 'Report and pay your Capital Gains Tax', it only mentioned that one should report the gain within 60 days if a UK property is sold. In my case, I sold my Hong Kong main residence within 9 months from the departure of this property. Do I need to report the disposal within 60 days? Thank you.
  • RE: Report GCT for Main Residence

Thank you for your reply. So in my case, as the unconditional contract was signed on 19 April 2022 which falls into tax year 2022/2023. Should I only report the disposal of this property on SA108 in next tax year 2022/2023? Or should I file this disposal on SA108 or somewhere else in tax year 2021/2022 as the initial agreement was signed on 5 April 2022 (the last day of 2021/2022)? Thank you.
  • Report Overseas Pension which is untaxed in UK

I become a tax resident of UK and received a lump sum income of Hong Kong pension in tax year 2021/2022. As this HK pension is untaxed in UK, do I need to report this overseas pension income in SA106? Thank you.
  • Report GCT for Main Residence

I sold my main residence within 9 months from the departure of this property that I am entitled to claim full Principal Private Residence relief and pay no Capital Gains tax. Do I need to report the income of selling this property on SA108? The initial selling agreement was signed on 5 April 2022 and the contract was signed on 19 April 2022. If I need to report this income, should I report it on tax year 2021/2022 or 2022/2023? Thank you.