Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: R43

    Hi, I have not been tax resident in UK number of years (I live in USA). I've just cashed out 100% of UK private pension which was subject to an emergency tax code at source. I understand I need to complete R43, however having read the supporting guidance notes on HMRC site, it's not clear to me how I should populate the "Reference" and "Your Reference" boxes at the top right of the first page of form. Can you offer any guidance? I am also a little unclear if I need to complete R43 just to get a refund on the overpayment of taxes (because an emergency code was used) and whether I also need to complete a different form relating to a double tax treaty which would presumably refund the entire remaining amount of taxes I paid. Thank you Richard