Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: self assessment and split year for 2021-2022

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I would like to further clarify whether my following understanding 1 and 2 is correct: 1) If I qualify for split year and I have NO foreign income for the UK part of the year, then nothing I need to do. 2) If I qualify for split year and I have foreign income (e.g. interest from bank) for the UK part of the year, I need to file self assessment tax return and complete SA100, SA109 and SA102. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you very much!
  • self assessment and split year for 2021-2022

Hi, I emigrated from Hong Kong to UK on 21 August 2021 under the route of BNO visa and I am now a UK tax resident. For the tax year of 2021-2022, my income is as follows: April 2021 - income from Hong Kong employer (relevant tax already paid to the Hong Kong government) May-October 2021 - no income November 2021 - April 2022 - income from NHS (NI, pension and PAYE are already deducted from my salary) My total income for the tax year 2021-2022 is less than £50,000. My questions are: 1) Do I need to send a self assessment tax return? 2) Do I need to apply for split year? If yes, which form should I use? 3) Any tax returns I have to complete and send? Thank you very much!