Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • tax on parental gifts from abroad

    Hi, my mother lives in Germany and would like to gift me some money. I live in the UK and pay my taxes in the UK. I have read on a community thread that I don't have to pay taxes on this money, unless it makes a capital gain. However, I also read that I am only allowed a gift of 3000£ per year. I'm very confused. What is correct? Thank you