Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Stamp duty land tax on transfer of property to spouse

If I am remortgaging the main residence and wish to add my spouses' s name ( equal share) to the title deed of our main residence, will any stamp duty and additional stamp duty apply? The mortgage on the house, once the process is completed, will be £230,00.
  • TAX ON DIVIDEND ON SAVINGS INTEREST

If I am a higher rate tax payer i.e my salary and rental income is £60,000 per annum in 2020-21. In addition I earned dividend of £1500 and savings interest of £450. I understand that I pay income tax at 20% on £37,500 and 40% on £10,000. 1) what will be the income tax applicable on dividend income of £1500 and savings interest income of £450. 2) Will the dividend and savings interest income of £1950 reduce my basic rate tax band or not?
  • SDLT CALCULATION

If I am to transfer the beneficial interest in two mortgaged properties to my spouse using a Deed of Trust, i their any SDLT and additional SDLT applicable ? The mortgage will continue to be in my sole name. If SDLT and and additional SDLT is applicable, would the SDLT be calculated on each property separately or will the two transactions be linked for the purpose of calculation of SDLT?