Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: First tax year in the UK 2022/23

    Simply speaking, can I file SA100 and SA106 online (via HRMC app) and then print paper form SA109 and send it by mail to HMRC for applying 2022/23 split year treatment? I am not convinced to use any 3rd party SA software due to limited access to computer and security concern. Thank you and looking for your Admin reply please.
  • RE: First tax year in the UK 2022/23

    Thank you Admin. I am eligible for split year treatment. Just one more question, can I submit SA100 online and then send printed copies of SA106 and SA109 by mail? Or should I also send SA100 in printed form with SA106&109 all together? What is the deadline for mailing then? Thanks again.
  • RE: First tax year in the UK 2022/23

    Could anyone from Admin reply to my enquiries please because I may need extra time to prepare for paper returns if in case SA106 and SA109 cannot be submitted online. Thank you.
  • First tax year in the UK 2022/23

    Hi Admin, I arrived in the UK since Aug 2022. I had a full time job here since Nov 2022 and my salary was paid as PAYE. It is my first time to do a tax return. Firstly, may I double check if I need to declare my overseas bank savings interest of ANY AMOUNT since I became a UK resident? Secondly, can I apply split year treatment via online tax return together with SA100, or I must submit a paper return for SA109? Thirdly,is my personal allowance still £12570, basic savings rate £5000 and savings allowance £1000 when SPLIT YEAR applies? Fourthly,if all my UK salary and overseas savings interest under split year treatment UK part were not over the above allowance, do I still need to submit a self assessment? Finally, is that correct to declare overseas savings interest more than £2000 in SA106? Can it be done online with SA100? Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.