Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Tax on interest on long term fixed rate bond

    Hi HMRC, I just want to ask if my bank issued a certificate of interest of the first year of my 2 years fixed bond which the interest I put back to the bond account. Do I have to declare that first year tax? Does it mean that we should declare tax as same as the certificate of tax issued from our bank? It makes the situation so complex that we get headaches about it.