Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Self Assessment for UK and Foreign earnings

    Hi HMRC Admin I am UK resident, I have one permanent job (PAYE) in UK but have other income including interest earned in UK bank, interest earned in Hong Kong bank and divided earned for the trust fund in Hong Kong. Would you please advise if I correct to fill in the Self Assessment for below items:- a) UK job income (PAYE) (assume £25,000) : (1) SA100 TR2 Box 1 - Yes and Number - 1 and (2) SA102 Page E Box 1 to 5? b) Interest earned in UK bank (assume £1500) : SA100 TR3 Box 2? c) Interest earned in Hong Kong bank (assume £1500) : SA100 TR3 Box 3? how about if the interest is more than £2000? d) Divided earned for the trust fund in Hong Kong (assume £1500) : SA100 TR3 Box 6? In addition, if all income for my wife is interest earning but less than Persoanl Allownace, does she do self assessment? and eligible to pay tax? Thanks in advance!