Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Money Transfer to UK from Abroad

    Dear HMRC, I am a UK citizen who has been working abroad for the last 05 years - but am now returning to the UK. I have some funds (employment income) in my foreign bank account that I will need to transfer across to my UK account. The majority of these funds have been earned whilst I was working full time abroad, classed as a non-resident for tax purposes in the UK, but if I am now transferring them to the UK, do I need to delcare them? I am also trying to understand that if I am classed as a UK resident for tax now and transfer these funds that were earned whilst being a non-resident, do I need to declare them? Or do I only need to declare my foreign income that was earned whilst I was classed as a UK resident for tax? Thank you so much for your help!