Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Guidance on self assessment tax return to HMRC

Hello HMRC admins. I am employed by a UK based private company. My employer deducts my income tax and national insurance contributions to HMRC. I do not have any other sources of income other than the salary from my employer. My taxable income as per my March 2024 salary slip for the tax year between April 2023- April 2024 was 57,000 UK pounds. Do I need to file a self assessment tax return to HMRC? I appreciate your guidance on this.
  • Help with setting up a personal tax account

Hello. I am a resident (staying in the same address since I arrived to the UK) of the UK since December 2021 (under skilled worker VISA) and I am working in a UK based company. I am trying to set up my personal tax account under HMRC site. Since, I do not have the British passport, I tried using my BRP, provisional driving license to prove my identity using gov uk ID app and answering the credit reference questions (answering them correctly) but not successful. I searched the web and there was a reference to use the P60 form details but I am not seeing this option to input P60 details while setting up my account. So, what are my options to set up a personal tax account? . Is there any other way that I can prove my identity? Appreciate your guidance for this.