Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: No option to include amount owing in tax code

I did go in to amend and i have confirmed that I have checked Yes on this section already: "If you are submitting by 30 December, owe tax for 6 April 2022 to 5 April 2023 and have a PAYE tax code, do you want us to try to collect the tax and Class 4 NICs due (if below £3,000) through your tax code for 6 April 2024 to 5 April 2025?" How can this be resolved?
  • RE: No option to include amount owing in tax code

I looked at my tax return and I did not tick the box. It is blank next to the question "2. If you owe tax for 2022-23 and have a PAYE tax code, we will try to collect the tax due (If less than £3,000) through your tax code for 2024-25, unless you put 'X' in the box: " I can attach a screenshot to show this. How can I rectify this? Thanks
  • No option to include amount owing in tax code

Hi there, my understanding was that if you owed under £3,000 tax on the self assessment, it could be deducted monthly from one's tax code. In my SA online it says I need to make a payment of £1,002.36 by 31 January 2024. Is this not able to be deducted via PAYE? This is what it says: "£1,002.36 - balancing payment for 2022 to 2023 You have a balancing payment because you still owe tax for tax year 2022 to 2023." Thanks!