Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Self Assessment for a Minor - Income via a Trust / Trust Registration Service

    Last year we set up a bare trust for daughter, aged five. Other than the Trust she has no other assets or income. The money is trust was a gift from a grandparent. Assets in the trust are cash and listed shares managed by a reputable firm. Since inception of the Trust last year it has made insufficient gains or income to incur tax (income below personal allowance threshold and a small loss in capital value). Two questions: As a Trustee I presume I should still be submitting a Self-Assessment Tax Return for my daughter and thus the Trust must be registered with the Trust Registration Service?