Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Split year treatment

I have checked the rules that I am qualified for the split year treatment and the split year date would be on 2 Feb 2022. And I realised that I only need to report the income for the UK part of the tax year. My suitation is, I moved to UK on 3 Feb 2022 and become a tax resident for 2021-22 tax year. My overseas income in this tax year before I moved to UK is 40000 pounds, but I only have total 200 pounds income incurred from 3 Feb 2022 till the end of this tax year. My questions are, do I need to file the tax assessment return / declare the income as the UK part is only 200 pounds? And do I need to apply split year treatment (SA109) if I don't need to file the tax assessment return? Thanks a lot!
  • Mixed funds

My first question is: If I have savings interests and dividends that have been mixed to my clean capital in my foreign savings account, but the total savings interests and total dividends are less than the personal savings allowance and dividend allowance respectively in a tax year. Do I need to fill in the self assessment about these gains? My second question is: If I have savings interests and dividends that have been mixed to my clean capital in my UK savings account, will these gains be taxed as mixed funds? Or I just need to report the gains only on the self assessment? Thanks!