Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Applying Digital Nomad Scheme but still PAYE employee

    Hi All, Unfortunately I have not been given clarity on the above issue: 1) Currently full time Permanent employee of a UK based company. My other half has moved abroad for his job and my company have given me permission to work from abroad as a Digital Nomad without any alterations to my contract. 2) I am applying for a Digital Nomad visa (Cyprus) in order to be able to work from Cyprus for at least the next 2 tax years. My question is, how do I notify and claim back the tax for the current and next tax year. Advice is conflicting as P85 is only if you permanently move abroad to work with a company abroad. I won't have a P45 as I am not leaving my current company. I have been told alternatively fill out a tax self-assessment but I won't be self employed. Could someone please advise on the mechanism and process to follow, once I recieve my Digital Nomad Visa? Thanks