Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Tax code for relocated employee

    Hi, I was transferred from Hong Kong to United Kingdom in late July working for the same company. I have been put on emergency tax code 0T M1 for July and August since the employer delayed in asking me to fill in the starter checklist; and on 1275L M1 for September. The reason being my employer advised me to choose option B on the starter chestlist as I have paid the tax and enjoyed the tax refund for Hong Kong's income, My question is whether this advice is correct as I understand M1 is still emergency tax code? How can I correct the tax code and claim the overpaid tax? Many thanks!