Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • French life insurance interests - form EN-5000 and EN-5002

    Dear all I am French and UK fiscal resident since 2015. I have a French life-insurance that I opened in 2004. This accounts has generated interests each year and the full amount on this account can only be available at redemption. I understand that I do not need to disclose / pay taxes on interests each years, but only need to do that at redemption of the full amount. I now would like to redeem the full amount. While I do have a CoR from HMRC, this document is not accepted by the French Tax Authorities to allow full-redemption of this amount under the French-UK tax agreement. I am instead requested to provide form EN-5000 and EN-5002). Both documents are supplied by the French tax authorities. This document has to be sent in 3 copies to HMRC which should sign and send two backs. I have sent multiple time this year those documents to HMRC (Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment, HMRC, BX9 1AS) but no documents have been sent back, neither to me, to the French fiscal authorities nor to the French based life-insurance company. I did receive royal mail special delivery notice with signauture but no follow up message, call, mail or notification from HMRC. Once documents are sent to HMRC, there is no visibility where this demand is at, not even an ID to track the status. Not even a message on my online personal tax account / government gateway. Is there an email or a way to contact HMRC through the personal tax account so that this kind of request is traceable ? Any advice on the situation would be well appreciated. Kind regards

    [Links removed - Admin]