Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Trading Income Allowance or Expenses

    Hi all, I am trying to understand if I can use Trading Income Allowance. If I have an income of £30,000 but expenses are only £750 can I use the Trading Income Allowance of £1000 instead? My understanding is that I can use Trading Income Allowance if expenses are less than £1000 but it would be great to have it confirmed by someone who understands these things better than I clearly do. Thanks for your help. W
  • Foreign Pension - Taiwan

    Good morning, My wife is a Taiwanese citizen now resident in Scotland. She receives a pension paid by the Taiwanese government as she was a government worker for many years. My understanding of the Double Tax Treaty with Taiwan is that this pension is taxable in Taiwan rather then the UK and does not need to be included in the Self Assessment? Thanks for your help.
  • Self Assessment Verification

    Good evening, My wife is trying to register for self assessment She is from Taiwan and does not have a UK passport, how can she (or any non UK passport holder) pass the verification section to complete the self assessment without one? Thanks for your help.