Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• self assessment missing from menu

Hi, I have been using self assessment for several years due to income from a rented property. I went to do my self assessment but my saved link didnt work. I had to google the HMRC login page and login. However once logged in the next sreen is totally unfamiliar. I can see no option to start my self assessment. Should i register again?? I tried calling today and after being on hold for 30 minutes i was told that my self assessment is probably linked to my other ID? I said that makes no sense, I have 1 ID, i've used the same method since 2007/8 so i dont understand what she was on about!! please can someone tell me if i need to re-register for self assessment or will that then create 2 accounts that will just confuse everything? I dont have time during the day to be on hold and i work from 8am to 5:30pm so being on hold for 30 minutes gets me through to someone who wants to go home as they finish at 6 and want to go home! I read some where that registering for self assessment needs to be done by the 5th of October. So I am anxious no to get this resovled before I end up with further stress / fines. Thanks for any help, ..