Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Import/Export B2C Business to Consumer

Thanks. So the prices in our website should be exclusive VAT in case someone from abroad buys the product? But when someone from UK will need VAT inclusive prices, so how does it work? Because usually online retailers always shows prices inclusive of VAT, no matter where the customers are based.
  • Import/Export B2C Business to Consumer

I keep getting webinars emails from HMRC about Import/Exports between businesses, but what about business and consumers? I cannot find anything on Gov.uk. Example we are a UK VAT registered Ltd company and we sell goods directly to consumers in EU and USA via our own website and Ebay. The rules in these cases are unknown, example do we need to charge UK VAT to our customers in EU/USA? Because I know exports between businesses are zero-rated, but what about with consumers? And if it's the case that we need to charge UK VAT, the consumers once receive the goods in their countries, they are subject to their own Duty and VAT. So are they paying VAT twice? Can HMRC clarify this, not just pasting a confusing link from Gov.uk but actually give a practical example? Thanks