Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Marriage allowance

Hi HMRC, I and my wife submit Self-assessment for 2022-2023. Since I hope my wife transfer the GBP1260 allowance to me, my wife have submitted the marriage allowance in Sep 2023 and received the email been approved. However, when I submitted the self assessment for 2022-23, I found the personal allowance amount did nor increase. Would you mind tell me any problem for the system or my procedures ? Or Should I need to stated the GBP1260 allowance in my self assessment fill in process ? Which section box should fill in ? Thanks
  • Deposit-linked Mortgage Interest

Hi, I come from Hong Kong. I have a property in Hong Kong with Mortgage on Hong Kong Bank. I have rent the property and get the rental income. I know I need to report the rental income to HMRC. For the mortgage, the bank provide me the Deposit-linked mortgage account which can earn interest with the interest rate same to the mortgage rate. Should I report these interest income to HMRC ? However, I know the mortgage interest cannot use as expense to deduct (residential property). Is it the Deposit-linked mortgage account interest no need report to HMRC? Thanks.