Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Short-term let

Thank you for your help, it's much appreciated!
  • Short-term let

Hello! I work as a sole trader and I work from home. I rent a flat long-term (Private renting: Private residential tenancy) and I'll be moving flats. Between these two flats (both with PRT), I'll need to stay in a short-term let or AirBnb to cover the gap I have between these two tenancies. Can I keep claiming expenses for using part of my home as an office (only the part that’s used for business) also for these months I'll be renting a short-term flat (via short-term letting agency) or an AirBnb flat? Or is it only allowed when I rent long-term (PRT)? I plan to keep working during all this time as usual.
  • Virtual Office Address

Hello! I work as a sole trader and I work from home. I use my private home address for HMRC, invoices, and marketing materials. I'm considering buying a virtual office address (to buy a possibility to use an office address only, not renting any office itself) so I can use their address on my invoices and marketing materials, instead of my private home address (this is to maintain my privacy). If I decide to do so, would it be an allowable expense?  And the second part of the question is: I've been claiming expenses for using part of my home as an office (only the part that’s used for business). May I keep doing that even when I pay for a virtual office address (for an address only, not for any office space itself)?