Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Ireland to UK transfer of investment funds

    I have an old investment policy with Generali in Ireland (Dublin) that has done very badly. I want to cash it in and transfer the funds to the UK. I will then use the funds to invest in in an ISA. Do I need to pay tax when transferring the funds (about £30K) to the UK or declare it to HMRC? I seem to have made no gains on the policy. Thank you for any advice.