Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Register for self assessment

    I rent a house and the tenancy contract started on the day I landed UK which was early November 2021. So, I became a UK tax payer once I landed UK, or 31 days after I landed or 183 days after I landed? This means that I can register for self-assessment next year? Thank you.
  • Register for self assessment

    Hi HMRC Team, I am self-employed. I moved to UK in this November and started renting a house at the same day I landed UK. When should I register for the self assessment and when will I start paying my tax? Thank you.
  • Oversea fund-typed insurance benefits

    Hi, I would like to know how can I declare the gain from the fund-typed insurance? Interest will be distributed every year and kept in the insurance account unless I cash out. Do I need to fill in the tax return every year for the gain?
  • Dividend tax

    Hi, I am self-employed and have dividend income from oversea. The total income from self-employment and dividend are around £14000 a year, both of them are not taxed oversea. Will these incomes be taxed as “Income tax” in UK? Or oversea dividend will be taxed at the rates 7.5%?