Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: changing of DOB

Update: It's been corrected! A very helpful lady from HMRC got back to me this morning, and the date has been amended. Superbly efficient and friendly service - thank you!
  • RE: changing of DOB

I am two weeks away from my pension date, and have just found out, on logging into my Gateway account, that my DoB has been changed, as recently as a few days ago. The date was showing correctly on 7th July, when I last took a screenshot of my pension entitlement - and my pension date has been put back by a whole year. It's been suggested to me that this may have happened when my accountant filed my 2020/2021 self-assessment figures a few weeks ago, if he entered my DoB wrongly on that. I'm more than happy to post copies of my passport, birth certificate etc to HMRC as proof of my DoB, along with a copy of the invitation to apply for my pension, which was sent to me in April, and the email acknowledging my application. But the delay in the processing period means that if it's not all sorted within two weeks I may lose out on my first pension payments. This is causing much turmoil as I'm currently on Universal Credit, which will stop when I reach 66 in two weeks time. Is there a way to fast-track this, under the circumstances?