Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Transfer of Swiss Pension

    My husband and I are UK resident / UK citizens eligible for a UK state pension next year. We lived in Switzerland between 1995-2002 and have a letter from the Swiss Pension Authorities in 2006 saying we are eligible for a Swiss pension (each of us from 2021 and 2022 or jointly). The precise amounts were provided and are small just over £100.00 (equivalent) p.m. We wrote to them last month to inquire about obtaining and they replied as follows: ‘Where to file your pension application depends on the insured person’s nationality and country of residence. In this case, the application should be made to the British pension service. That organisation is competent to send us the necessary forms for the examination of the pension application in Switzerland. In the meantime, we kindly ask you to return the following document/s: - application for an old-age pension for persons residing outside Switzerland duly completed, dated and signed - copy of the identity document of all persons mentioned in the application (including the children even if they are now adults) - copy of the marriage certificate (1 per marriage if applicable) - copy of the divorce decree with the date of entry into force (if applicable)’ I wonder if you can help with our immediate questions: -Will we be eligible for the pension from Switzerland ? we do not intend to live there. -What information/forms do you require from us? -What could be the tax implications? Grateful for your guidance. Thanks