Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: US Treasury Bond gain treatment

    Hello, 1. For the investment in US Treasury Bonds/ Bills which were held to maturity, I have received counpon interests of the US Treasurey Bond/Bill. Should these counpon interests be reported as interests and other income from overseas savings in SA 106? 2. For the inveatment in US Treasury Bonds/Bills which were held to maturity ( the same Bonds/ Bills as mentioned in 1) , I have calculated the gain/loss for these inveatment in US Treasury Bonds/Bills as the difference between the purchase and redemption price (at maturity) after each had been converted to sterling. The calculated result is a loss (negative). How do I report this loss ? in which form (SA106? , SA 108?) Thank you.