Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Split-year Treatment

Sorry! My question should be how to create a personal tax account as she doesn’t have any listed information for identity verification? Thanks!

My wife also require to apply for the split year treatment and submit the self-assessment tax return. She need to create a gateway account however she does not have the following a valid UK passport a UK photocard driving licence issued by the DVLA (or DVA in Northern Ireland) a payslip from the last 3 months or a P60 from your employer for the last tax year details of a tax credit claim Would you tell me how to create a gateway account for her? Thanks!

I'm a retired person, I only have interest income from the bank in UK and Hong Kong in 2022/2023 tax period. I need to apply for the split year treatment. (1). Please tell me how to get my UTR number for the self-assessment because I'm not an employee or self-employed person and employer. Thanks !

Thanks for your reply! (1). As you said I have to submit the SA1 Form to get the UTRN and then fill in the SA100 and SA109. Am I right? (2). For the SA100 can I use the online submission and the SA109 paper form submit to the HMRC separately? (3). Where can I download the SA1, SA100 and SA109, as I cannot find it? (4). If I have only about £100 interest from my bank account in Hong Kong, am I need to fill in any other form and submit to HMRC?

I was government employee in Hong Kong and now living in UK after retirement. I only able to get the pension from the HKSAR Government after several years. I became a UK tax resident in 7 August 2022 and I am qualified for split year treatment. However my total income from saving is below £3,500. Am I need to fill in the split year application form and provide the self-assessment tax return? Thanks!