Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Not a tax resident after checking SRT

    May I know how to contact the Self Assessment team please? By telephone or by email?
  • Not a tax resident after checking SRT

    I sent the SA1 form earlier to request a UTR number, and a separate letter to HMRC providing some information on my capital gain overseas as I thought I am a tax resident in tax season 2021-22. However, after carefully checking against the Statutory Resident Test, I realised I am not a tax resident for the above tax season. My question is, do I need to take any action to inform the HMRC? Or I just keep the UTR when I receive it (have not receive at the moment) and use it for future tax filing purpose? Thank you.
  • RE: File tax on CGT

    I sold the shares in HK in September 2021 before I moved to U.K. in October 2021. Do I need to file tax for season 21-22?
  • File tax on CGT

    Dear HMRC adviser, I just moved to U.K. in October 2021. In tax season 2021-22, I only have around £450 gain from selling shares, and under £50 interest from saving account. May I know do I need to file a tax return as I believe I do not need to pay any tax with this minimal income. Thank you.