Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Foreign Income Online Tax Return

    Hi, I have been in the UK about 5 years now. I have initially came to study and have held a job in the UK and Romania throughout my studies. I have paid tax in each respective country but from my understanding I need to file a tax return in the UK as well. I have done this online now but it is not clear where do I add the actual income from overseas? I have added the tax an taxable income to "Employment, self-employment and other income which you paid foreign tax on", are we meant to select any of the other options such as "All other income received by a person abroad and any remitted 'ring fenced' foreign income"? Also, as I have been a student for the first 3 years, under the double taxation agreement with Romania, will I still need to declare my foreign income? I would appreciate some guidance.