Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: State Pension Eligibility

Hi HMRC, Thank you for your reply. I have read through the article from http://www.gov.uk/state-pension/eligibility. However, I am still not sure if my parents are eligible to get basic state pension (both reaches age of 65 as of 2022 and under pre-settled status) once they have paid 10 years of voluntary contributions. Grateful please advise. Thank you very much.
  • RE: State Pension Eligibility

Hi HMRC, Thank you for your reply. I contacted Pension Service (Telephone: 0800 731 0469) but the lady over the phone advised me to ask HMRC instead. May I know if any other government agencies could help clarify the problem? Thank you!
  • State Pension Eligibility

Hello, I hope you are doing well. I would like to get to know more about eligibility for basic state pension. My parents are planning to move to the United Kingdom through the British National Overseas Visa. They are both pensioners (both reaches age of 65 as of 2022). We are wondering if they are eligible to apply for basic state pension once they have paid for 10 years of volunteer national insurance? Thank you!