Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.


    DT4605 (Double Taxation Manual -Canada) states 'If a UK resident has paid Canadian tax on their Canadian pension or on the whole of their Canadian annuity, they should claim repayment of the whole of the tax (charged on a pension) or part of the tax (charged on an annuity).' I was unsure whether the claim of repayment of the Canadian tax on a Canadian pension paid to a UK resident referred to a repayment claim to the CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) or a claim on the UK tax return for repayment by way of a credit for the Canadian tax paid against the UK tax due. Can you clarify? Thanks.