Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Pension and Foreign salary income

    I am currently working for an employer in HK and is subject to HK salary tax. The employer is located in HK and has no presence in the UK. I am working from home in the UK to support the business of my employer in HK. I am now a UK tax resident (have been stayed in the UK for more than 183 days) and will report the salary income as foreign income via self-assessment. And I found that there is self invested personal pension that can be enrolled for enjoying tax relief if you are having UK employment. What about in my case if I am having HK employment? Can I make contribution to private pension in the UK in order to enjoy tax relief? Thanks.