Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: inheritance tax on cash from parents based overseas

    I am a British citizen and domiciled in the UK. My late father who was a Malaysian citizen and had always domiciled in Malaysia. I am inheriting some cash amount made up from his cash deposit account, liquidated shares and unit trusts investments in Malaysia and Singapore. I assume there is no need to pay any UK taxes, such as inheritance and capital gain tax ? Thanks for your assistance.