Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Gift tax for cash gift from overseas

    I would like to transfer some money from my Polish account into English one around £30,000. The money comes from the sales of flat in Poland which happened a few years ago.The Flat was left for me by my grandmother in her will as a gift and I did not have to pay taxes when I came into possession of the flat in Poland. Will I need to declare the transfer from overseas account into English one with HMRC and also explain what the source of the money is with HMRC for example translate the will? Will I need to pay taxes in the UK? I have a settled status in the UK and have been living here and paying taxes for the last 10 years. Can someone please advise? Best, Agnieszka