Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Working from home tax relief

Second clarification - when you say that I could 'claim the full amount if it was for part of the year'. Do you mean that I could claim £6 per week x 52? Or £6 / week x 26 weeks (October 2020 to end March 2021)? Thanks
  • RE: Working from home tax relief

Thanks for responding. To clarify - my contract was issued last October 2020 confirming that my place of work was 'home' . It also stated that due to Coronavirus, I should only attend physical meetings where it is safe to do so and that the organisation would follow government guidance on employee matters as a minimum. Is this sufficient evidence for claiming the allowance? Many thanks.
  • Working from home tax relief

I am completing my self-assessment for 2020/21 . I started a new job in October 2020 which is permanently work from home. Please could you confirm what I can claim for in 'other expenses' eg: £6/week since starting or £6/ week x 52 or? Or are you only able to claim the tax relief if your job was office based and you had to work from home due to Covid? I am not clear. Many thanks