Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Taxable payment to an employee working as a director for overseas company

    Hi, I have a similar situation as Carol Pat. I'm also acting as a director in Hong Kong company and am receiving director's fee from it. When I tried to register Self Assessment and getting a tax return (form SA1), one of the reasons (I am a company director) in the form says that "company directors with income taxed at source and no further tax to pay do not need to complete a tax return". Could HMRC please clarify whether I should still need to file a self-assessment form to declare the director's fee which I received but has been taxed in Hong Kong in full? Thank you.